Out and About

I sometimes say that I'm so extroverted that when I don't get out of the house at all during an entire day, I get depressed. Today showed that really well.
When I woke up, I had about an hour before a business meeting. Fortunately, that business meeting was at an Asian restaurant over a lunch buffet (yes, I woke up really late). So I skipped breakfast, and that lunch buffet turned out to be more than enough food for the whole day. We planned out 3 music videos in full that will be coming out in the next few months. And even though the Asian restaurant didn't have orange chicken (my favorite food) and even though I overate, I still really enjoyed myself just from being around people so much.
Off from there to BYU. I needed to go to the Writing Center to finish some homework, and once I finished that, I figured I might as well stay in the Library to finish the rest of my homework. During that homework, a random guy walked up to me and started a conversation with me by offering me a fist bump. Not exactly the smoothest opener, but conversation openers are hard to do naturally and spontaneously unless you're being really observant. It just always feels weird whenever someone starts a conversation with me, because I know that's not normal. I recognize that other people don't start conversations with me; I start conversations with them. Sometimes I think that I shouldn't be starting conversations with people as much because it's just weird. But then I remember: It's what makes me happy. I'll try to make sure those conversations make them happy, too.
But that wasn't the only social interruption to my homework. When that guy introduced himself to me and I gave him my name, my old best friend poked her head over the partition between us and said "'Hunter Farris'! That's a familiar name!" I chatted with my old best friend while doing homework and we hung out after we the library closes.
For an introvert, this day would be avoided if possible. They recognize that there's energy in these people around them, and that exhausts them. For me? There is energy around me in all these people. There is life. And that life and energy flow into me. And that is what makes me happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post