Problem-solving, Podcasting, and Preparation

One thing I used to not do very well at is setting a goal and doing whatever it takes to get there. I would usually get stuck and feel like I was all out of resources.
But I decided to set a goal for myself: I will release Episode 1 of the Song Appeal podcast by Friday.
I spent basically the entire day preparing the podcast. I wrote Draft 3 of the script for Episode 1, I set up the podcast through a free Podcast Hosting app, and even set up a website for it. I've never set up a website for any real purpose before. I set up one awful practice website years ago, but never one like this. I managed to not only register the domain, but set up the website to be fully functioning (so far) without any outside help. I just Googled stuff and figured it out.
Occasionally, I ran into big problems. I wanted social media buttons like the video essayist channels have. In particular, I wanted a Patreon button like LessonsFromTheScreenplay.com has. Most importantly, I wanted the cover art on my podcast to reflect my own logo, not the logo of the podcasting host. Instead of focusing on fixing those problems and getting frustrated, I set those ones aside for later, did everything I could, and then asked for help when the person who could help was available. He fixed all the problems.
I'm proud of myself not only for setting up this website without outside help. I'm also proud of myself for setting a goal and doing whatever it takes to get there, which included replacing freaking out about the problems I couldn't solve with waiting until I could get more resources.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post