Time Management - yesterday's post

Due to going to bed late last night, I woke up late today - just in time to prepare a lesson plan for my piano lesson and head out to the lesson. It wasn't a very good lesson plan, but it was a lesson plan. Either way, he got what he wanted to get out of it.
After that, I just completely threw my schedule out the window. Once I finished practicing (which I've found takes about an hour), I went shopping (which I hadn't planned on doing today, but I was out of food), and researched for my Writing assignment. By then it was time to head out for my next lessons.
At those lessons, I had about 15 minutes to prepare both the lesson plans, but both students got what they wanted to out of the lessons.
Then, off to Burger King to send e-mails and do writing homework. For some reason, e-mails took longer than usual. I was probably just less focused, but time slipped away and I found myself needing to leave for my next lesson before I'd even finished e-mailing. No time for lesson plans this time. Just off to the lesson.
Fortunately, the lesson itself was more of the two of us exploring than me explaining, so I didn't have to prepare that much and he learned a lot, but I looked slightly unprofessional when I couldn't remember the things we'd gone over.
Once I got home, I knew I should be e-mailing the last student of the day, but instead I finished the one I didn't finish in Burger King, then prepared something that I'd planned to prepare tomorrow. I'm glad I prepared it now, because I wouldn't have had time, but - like a lot of other choices from today - it didn't seem like the wisest use of time, but it all turned out OK in the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post