Time Management - yesterday's post

Due to going to bed late last night, I woke up late today - just in time to prepare a lesson plan for my piano lesson and head out to the lesson. It wasn't a very good lesson plan, but it was a lesson plan. Either way, he got what he wanted to get out of it.
After that, I just completely threw my schedule out the window. Once I finished practicing (which I've found takes about an hour), I went shopping (which I hadn't planned on doing today, but I was out of food), and researched for my Writing assignment. By then it was time to head out for my next lessons.
At those lessons, I had about 15 minutes to prepare both the lesson plans, but both students got what they wanted to out of the lessons.
Then, off to Burger King to send e-mails and do writing homework. For some reason, e-mails took longer than usual. I was probably just less focused, but time slipped away and I found myself needing to leave for my next lesson before I'd even finished e-mailing. No time for lesson plans this time. Just off to the lesson.
Fortunately, the lesson itself was more of the two of us exploring than me explaining, so I didn't have to prepare that much and he learned a lot, but I looked slightly unprofessional when I couldn't remember the things we'd gone over.
Once I got home, I knew I should be e-mailing the last student of the day, but instead I finished the one I didn't finish in Burger King, then prepared something that I'd planned to prepare tomorrow. I'm glad I prepared it now, because I wouldn't have had time, but - like a lot of other choices from today - it didn't seem like the wisest use of time, but it all turned out OK in the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Time to Manage Time

Podcasting by the Spirit

Problem-solving, Podcasting, and Preparation