Dating

This is where this really becomes introspection ABOUT extroversion.
Anyone who sees me long enough can tell that I'm a bit of a flirt. Today, I got to take a good look at my flirtatiousness.
I set up 2 dates for this weekend. They both fell through because of scheduling issues. What's odd is that this wasn't odd to me. I called a girl to ask her on a date. She said "yes" and was very excited about it. I called another girl to ask her on a date. She didn't answer, and I could tell when she gave me her number that she just wasn't interested. What's odd is that this wasn't odd to me. What's odd is that this isn't odd to me. I was about to go to a wedding reception, called a friend, asked her to join me for the reception, and she came. I'm not sure if that counts as a "date", but it was set up about 30 minutes before the event began. What's odd is that this isn't odd to me.
On Sunday, someone told me he hadn't been on a date in 8 months. I asked how many girls he asked out. He said 4. I told him that for about 7 months, I asked out 3 girls a week and manage to go on a date with 1, leading to an average of 1 date a week, every week for 7 months. And it led me through a lot of rejection. During those 7 months, I was turned down by 21 girls when I thought a romantic relationship was a pretty good idea for the girl and me. I don't understand why girls say "yes" to me and why some guys don't get dates when they ask. Maybe it's just that I spread a wider net, asking more girls? I would love to find out what makes the difference and help guys to get more dates, especially in a YSA culture where dating is so important.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post