Goals

I listened to a YouTube video about effective music practice today. It gave me the idea to present to my piano students the opportunity to choose their own goals, when they'll create deadlines for those goals, and how they'll accomplish those goals. And I'll guide them to accomplish those goals.
I started thinking of my own musical goals. Unfortunately, my electric pianos aren't working today, so I can't practice right now. But I'll be working towards them a lot more effectively.
But I didn't work very hard on goals today. I spent a lot of time playing games online and cleaning.
But I did get to make a lot of progress on my goals. I posted a lot of ads on Facebook that will probably be more effective than my previous ads. I've already had 4 inquiries. Most of them live 25-40 minutes away, but they look promising.
I got to improve my curriculum by downloading mp3s of a lot of the songs my students said they want to learn and which songs will help them learn the basics of playing by ear.
And I got to study the scriptures today and come closer to Christ.
Oh, and I got to wake up early. As in, "4 in the morning" early. After going to bed around 6:30 yesterday evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post