Learning Makes for a Great Day

I am learning so much right now and I love it! I was absolutely truthful when I told everyone today that my day is wonderful!
I got to wake up super-early (for me at least, which is around 5:30), shift my schedule back earlier, finish everything I wanted to finish and even finish cleaning a difficult pan. But I digress. I took off for school with the knowledge that I would have no classes today, but I did get to attend the devotional, get answers to questions (like "How do I get the last discs from the DVDs of Seasons 1 & 2 of Community?" and "Has my Pell Grant been sent out yet?"), and check in with the Research and Writing Center to figure out how to research a topic that's less scholarly than most Issue Paper topics.
Got home just in time to be early for an awesome date with an awesome girl, where I got to learn a lot about her and some really interesting points about the things she likes. I really like her - to the point that I just felt grateful that she was willing to go out with me. She gave me a hug at the end of the date and accepted the possibility of a second date.
Went to the Lord's house of learning (the temple) and listened to an audiobook on worship on the way. I made it in at 7:59, and the temple doesn't accept new people in after 8:00, so I'm grateful to God that He helped me get there in time. I also got to learn a little bit of symbolism from the temple by noticing the visible brand names, because they're usually pretty symbolic: Angel Soft tissues, Lifesaver mints, and this time: Honeywell air conditioning. I was reminded of when Joseph Smith said "This is good doctrine. It tastes good. I can taste the principles of eternal life, and so can you.... You say honey is sweet, and so do I. I can also taste the spirit of eternal life. I know it is good; and when I tell you of these things which were given me by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, you are bound to receive them as sweet, and rejoice more and more" ("King Follett Sermon"). I thought it was in the context of the doctrine of salvation for the dead, but even with the knowledge that the quote was in the context of the doctrine of our potential to become like God, I still appreciate the fact that God showed me that the doctrine of salvation for the dead is sweet, because during that ordinance work, I felt so grateful that those people could receive salvation for the dead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post