Optimum

Today, I lived my life the way I've wanted to live my life for years.
Last night, I went to bed around 10:30. I had problems going to bed at 10:30 when I was on the mission, and I've always wanted to get back on that schedule. I woke up today at 7:15 (after randomly waking up at 5:20 and thinking "Why am I awake?" before going back to sleep) and got right to work. I maneuvered my schedule around what needed to be done and what couldn't be done at a given moment, and got to study the scriptures, research my family history, give a guy in my ward a name for the endowment session he's attending tonight, teach 4 lessons, make a meal, finish my homework, do laundry, and show up to the Research and Writing Center to get more advice on my newest draft of my homework assignment.
On the road, I got to finish listening to a podcast on business storytelling and listen to about 5 videos on everything from multitalented people, to music theory, to conversation starters. I love the fact that I get to learn on the road. I'm so grateful for the technology we have. Oh, and tonight, I got to listen to a video with the thesis that Chris Pratt's fun and charisma start with positivity. Not being bubbly, but looking at things in a positive way - whether it's playing around when you're alone, painting a great picture of a job flipping burgers, or complimenting people in funny ways. It's designed to be goofy, so I'm curious whether being bubbly is also charismatic. I doubt it, but I'm going to look more positively on things either way.
Best of all, I was on time for virtually everything today! I've been trying to be on time for years!
I decided this morning that this is how I'm going to be living life for a long time now. It's already 11:00 at night, but this is one of the last things I need to do tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post