Positivity Amidst Disappointments

There were a lot of disappointments today, but I won't chalk today up to a day of disappointments, because you know what? There were a lot of good things about today, and I'd rather focus on what was good about today than what was bad.
My neck got more and more painful throughout the day. I slept on it wrong for about 20 hours over the last 2 days what with being sick and trying to sleep so much. I guess the upside is that for most of the day, it didn't hurt?
But there are more parts of today with upsides. I played a round of Legendary (a game I really like) with Spencer. We set up the game in a way that made us lose the first time, but we played another game and won that one. And the second one was a lot more interesting than the first.
Movie night. We got together to watch one of 4 options. The host offered a few extra options at the last minute and asked a few hours before the event if he could pick the movie. I thought that was kind of rude, but only because my purpose in setting up these movie nights was just to watch the movies on my own watchlist. That sounds really selfish that way, but the way I see it: I only have so much time to watch movies over the next 4 years. I want to actually enjoy it while I'm watching it. So if I already know that I won't enjoy a movie, I just won't watch it, and I feel like it would be rude to just leave the movie night that I set up. Besides, I have 20 possibilities for movies to watch. I set it up, I picked up all the movies from the library. I did all the inviting, all the reminding, and all the co-ordinating. The least someone could do is pick any of the almost 2 dozen movies that I'd like to watch sometime soon. But everyone voted for one of the movies I suggested anyway, and the host was very gracious and offered a lot of snacks.
Afterward, 2 of the guys and I decided to watch Community back at my place. Deciding that in the host's earshot was probably pretty rude. I was thinking that at the time, and I'll be apologizing to him tomorrow. When we gathered together to watch Community, I found that half the episodes we wanted to watch weren't even in the disc sets from BYU's library. I was disappointed and frustrated, but also mentioned, "I'm glad that we didn't decide to watch Community at the movie night."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post