Productivity

Back home, I told a friend that one of my major problems is that I couldn't stand to waste time, but nothing felt productive, so everything felt like a waste of time. I'm not sure if today felt productive, but at the end of the day, I could say "I did a lot of productive stuff today." Those productive things included listening to videos about marketing so I can get more piano students, practicing for this Friday's recording session, meeting someone new who just so happened to be a piano teacher who focuses on technique as well as a piano performance major, making a cheap meal, contacting potential students, clearing out 80 unread e-mails after reading a lot of them, teaching a lesson where the student learned something no one else can teach him, and attending a barbecue with my ward for FHE. Are those things really productive? Well, they helped me accomplish my goals (like getting more students, becoming a better teacher, teaching well, making new friends, and saving money on things like food), and I want to become the best piano teacher in the world in a way that will help old and young people to genuinely love piano, so I would say that they were productive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post