Repentance

Over the last few weeks, I stopped caring about living the gospel and stopped caring about other people. For me, everything was either about money or about enjoying myself, whether it was dating, movie nights with friends, or watching TV late at night (those were all about enjoying myself. Not money).
Today, I told God that I wanted to come back to Him, but I told Him that I knew it was purely for selfish reasons. But I told Him that I knew He would help me to want to come back to Him for better reasons, and asked Him for that. And it was a perfect day to do that. The first and last talks in Church were each on putting God first in our lives, loving God first, and making our identities as children of God more important than the other things we identify ourselves as. I told one of those speakers "You have no idea how badly I needed your talk."
After Church, I decided "Father, this week, I'm going to not commit [insert specific sins I'm trying to repent of. To be honest, the list was lengthier than I'd like to say, but I won't get into any specifics.]" And I decided, "I'll see what happens." Later on, I was at a fireside where someone talked about an experiment where she decided to do everything a "good Mormon girl" should be and see if she were really happier. And it turned out that she was. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post