Temple; Dating

I went to the temple for the first time in weeks today. I felt like I'd been distant from Christ for a little while and just wanted to come back to Him. I didn't quite feel worthy to enter the temple even though I'm working to repent, so I just sat in the lobby and read scriptures about the Savior's visit to the Nephites. 3 Nephi 11 has always been a spiritually powerful chapter for me, and once again, I felt the Spirit the moment I started reading from it.
After a few minutes, I saw a group come in to do baptisms for the dead and I was reminded: This is the house of God, not just a place to read the scriptures. I told God that I just wanted to spend time in His house and this was the only way to do so that I felt worthy to engage in.
I went on a date today. But considering I went on dates with 3 different girls last week, I don't see the point of bringing up dates unless something genuinely interesting happened. I'm pretty sure I've been desensitized to dates since... my first date. After going on 28 dates in 7 months, I decided I would never go on another date unless I had some level of romantic interest in the girl and I already thought she had the possibility for girlfriend material. Now that there are so many eligible girls, I'm going to have to raise my standards a little higher to girls I want to have a romantic relationship with, not just girls I could have a romantic relationship with. That will definitely guide my decision process for my next date.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post