The Realization of Change

I noticed a lot of change today, both in myself and in my friends.
I started the day with a webinar, but because of technical difficulties, the webinar couldn't work. Though I was slightly frustrated at the inconvenience, oddly enough, I wasn't frustrated about my schedule. Then I had a student cancel and I still wasn't frustrated about my schedule being "violated".
I finally focused on practice during piano practice (at least, more so than usual), and finally stuck with my schedule; at least, more so than usual.
I took a blind date to the Yule Ball. It was frankly discouraging at first, because there was nothing for us to talk about in common except movies, and we even have totally differing tastes on movies. So I felt like we were just not the right people to be going on dates, but the conversation widened within me.
The dance itself was kind of frustrating: Every song just reminded me that I used to know how to dance to this and I used to be a really good dancer. But now I'm not.
After the dance, I stopped by a writer friend's house. I've been wondering what a certain word is in writing, and we both discussed how well it was used in 2 heavily R-rated movies and TV shows. I did not expect that out of her (she's a bit of a Molly Mormon) or of myself.
Played a simple game with Spencer and Kristina. Somehow enjoyed myself just because of the situational comedy with the group.
So there were the changes I noticed in myself that have been building up for years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post