Tired

I've been trying to stay awake all day until my last piano lesson started. I really don't know why. After all, I got almost 8 hours of sleep last night. But I've been emotionally tired of people most of the day. I know. Imagine that. Me, tired of people.
I can't stand politics. So I'm getting angry from just thinking about the Opinion Editorials I read today to learn to write a better Op-Ed for this weekend's writing assignment. Even when they weren't political, they were still the very thing I hate about politics: doom-and-gloom. Whether the article insisted that "TV isn't art anymore because of cliffhangers" or the author expressed that "I'm tired of my accountability groups, but I'm going to do them anyway, because they make my life a little bit better", they were pessimistic and in first person, and well, I tend to reflect the emotion I think someone's conveying, especially in writing. So when I saw those people being so pessimistic, I started being pessimistic. And I started being apathetic when these Op-Eds started slamming me with completely unsolicited opinions about things I couldn't care less about. One writer used an appeal to feminism to argue her point, and I thought "There are probably people in your audience who care about feminism, but I'm not one of them." A YouTuber spoke about dating in a way that only "persuaded" people who already agreed with him (the only group he doesn't need to persuade), while ostensibly being addressed to a completely different audience of skeptics. And any time he said something simple that someone in his camp would agree with, he would brag "Got 'em!" "Yes, we get that you're pretending to speak to a different audience than the people you want to have watching this video so you can say things your real audience wishes they could say" I thought, "But you're being really obnoxious about it and you're not even presenting reasonable arguments." After only a few hours, I was just frustrated with people.
But what made me happy (as you probably expect) was being around people again. Piano lessons, a date, they made it all better where ice cream, music, and being away from people didn't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post