Out of the Friendzone

I spent a lot of the day with one of my friends, towards whom I've developed a growing attraction. We've both already confessed an attraction towards the other, and there was a palpable "will they, won't they" atmosphere when we were together, but I've recently told her that I don't feel like we should be in a relationship. I felt like God didn't want it. When my Bishop said in a meeting recently "If you like her and she likes you, that's a pretty good sign [that you should date seriously]", I started reconsidering a romantic relationship with this girl. Maybe it was a good idea after all. Now, scratching her back during a video essay isn't exactly the most romantic thing, but it certainly was more romantic than anything else we'd done other than texts. That said, it was great to get to watch a video essay I hadn't seen before and watch it with a girl. I felt like we were learning together, especially when we started discussing the video essay. It wasn't quite as fun for me when we started watching video essays I'd already seen because I felt like the dynamic shifted and it became me showing her stuff instead of us learning together, but I was glad to help her learn the stuff she needed to learn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post