A Cure for Apathy

When I woke up, I felt apathetic. I just didn't care about anyone or anything. It's kind of weird for an extrovert to feel that level of apathy.
I showed up to a Ward Mission Correlation Meeting, where we discussed how to help people become more active in the Church. I gave a lot of input on how I think we should be going about the work of reactivation, and oddly enough they listened to me. Even more odd: Our Ward Mission Plan now includes a lot of non-Church related activities. For example, the movie nights I started holding last night is now part of the Ward Mission Plan. Yeah, they actually assigned me to keep doing movie nights exactly as I had planned and they (and I) will be inviting people to the movie nights who like movies, including the people who need to come back into the Church. But I wasn't doing any of this to help people. I was just saying my opinions to get my opinions across about what I think a Ward Mission Plan should and shouldn't be.
During that Ward Mission Correlation Meeting, I thought "Why would I even bother bringing people back into the Church? It's not like -" and then I stopped myself when I remembered, "I've been my happiest when I've been living the gospel." That feeling progressed when I was singing the Sacrament hymn ("As Now We Take the Sacrament" - one of my favorite Sacrament hymns). As I sang words like "Forgiveness is a gift from Thee we seek with pure intent" and "we pray for courage to accept thy will, to listen and obey", I felt reminders that I actually do care about this gospel and I want to keep the commandments. I took the Sacrament in an attempt to witness unto the Father that I'm willing to keep His commandments and take upon me the name of Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post