Intriguing Ideas

I really like intriguing ideas, and today focused principally on them.
I wrote a first draft for an essay. The first draft isn't as well-written as it should be yet, but I'm still proud of my writing. Partially because I think it's well-written so far, but should be better, and partially because I got to write about a concept I'd never thought about before - a subtle but significant shift in my thinking between how I do write and how I should write.
I will research for hours into movies I will never see if I feel like the concept is interesting enough (For a good example of this: John Carpenter's The Thing). Tonight, I had a movie night with friends. We chose a well-done movie, but without an intriguing concept. That's OK. Most movies I watch don't really have intriguing concepts. A friend and I stayed up until around 12:30 or 1:00 in the morning discussing what's important to us in a movie. For her, it's the film starting where the audience is and leading the audience to a better philosophy on life. To me, it's the creativity that drives the director's and the characters' thought processes. I want to walk out of the movie thinking "How did they even think of that?!"
During that conversation, my friend asked to interview me about what's it's like to be extroverted because she's introverted and the protagonist in her novel is extroverted. I got to relate some genuine introspection on extroversion. My main new thought out of the conversation was: "Why does being around people energize me? Is it just that I think people are great?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post