Stress

I love Provo. I love the navigational system. I love the architecture of BYU. I love the amenities of BYU. And I especially love the people (but more on that in another blog post). Still, even in Provo, there are days when I wish I hadn't gotten out of bed.
I woke up too late and got to class 40 minutes late. Then the moment I got out of class, it was time to schedule appointments with people: 2 Skype lessons, a recording session, and a film shoot. I started running around like a chicken with my head cut off and stressing about reaching the events on time, and within moments of getting to each event, it cancelled.
It got to the point where I showed up within 2 minutes of the recording session only to find the door to the recording studio on campus was locked and the office next to it was closed. I knocked on the door and asked how to access that studio and they told me that I needed to bring my own TA because it's Summer. At this point, I got really frustrated. I wasn't allowed to keep the appointment I was paying them for because they didn't list on their website that a TA was required. And this was the second day in a row that I didn't get to record this project - a project that's due tomorrow - because their website was giving me the wrong information. I wanted to just go off on them. I didn't, because they're technically not in charge of the website or the recording studio, so it's really not their fault, but when your website is so bad that someone loses 2 days of productivity because your website doesn't bother to tell its users really important information like "We aren't actually offering bookings for this day" or "You'll have to bring in a TA during the Summer" - changes that would take me 5 minutes to fix - you obviously need a better IT department. Since BYU has such a high concentration of computer-literate people and 2 IT departments, I feel like they can do better than a few websites that are barely functioning on a good day and don't do its users much benefit on a bad day.
I finally texted a friend and told her how stressful it was and said "I feel like exactly the same thing would have happened (and I would be less stressed, though more disappointed in myself) if I hadn't woken up today." She replied that she's glad I woke up today, because even though the things didn't work out, those weren't my fault. She's right. They weren't my fault. I just don't like being late for stuff, and it's infuriating when I try so hard to be late only to find out that all my efforts were in vain.
OK, now that I've vented enough, time to hit Publish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post