Extroversion Takes Time

I knew a man who was late for everything. We all expected him to be late. One day, we say why he was always late.
This man was giving us a ride and he passed by a man on the street who needed some help. He took the time out of his day to help out the man on the street.
As the drive continued, he stopped to get gas. As he paid for gas at the register, he struck up a conversation with the cashier, and it looked like the cashier enjoyed the conversation.
Through other drives with him, we found out he was characteristically late because he characteristically making conversation and making other people happy more important than being exactly on time. There's obviously a question of respect for other people's time, but now's not the time for that discussion.
Today, I got to experience that side of extroversion and realize that it takes time, but it's highly rewarding.
A few of my appointments fell through, giving me approximately an hour and a half of extra time. All of that extra time was taken up with random conversations, mostly with strangers. But I learned a lot, made a few friends, and even asked a girl on a date.
Unlike the man, these didn't make me late. I just spent my time in a way that I found more rewarding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrowing

A Need for the Spirit

Sick - Yesterday's Post